|home about us contact us products anatomy enquiries|
Click on any subject of intrest to view information
Anatomy of MasterFibre Matting
Masterfibre matting is manufactured from recycled tyres - Rubber surfacing which will stretch you imagination
Quality, Durability and Versatility
The versatility of MasterFibre matting allows us to custom make products to meet our clients specific requirements. The raw material utilized, is of the highest quality and ensures an unrivalled array of properties; these include durability, superior insulation, versatility of products and its inherent non-slip properties. Manufactured in either porous or sealed products.
Easy to Mend
MasterFibre matting is tough and durable offering superior resistance to normal wear and tear. Once installed, it needs little if any maintenance. Any damage is easily repaired by simply cutting out impaired areas and replacing with new MasterFibre, leaving the seamless smart surface characteristic of MasterFibre.
MasterFibre matting is highly customizable and can be utilized to produce virtually any matting specification. Available in a range of standard products, from door mats to non-slip heavy industrial flooring, tailored to suite your needs.
Thermal, electrical and sound and static insulation
MasterFibre matting has excellent thermal, electrical and sound insulation properties which make it perfect for application on factory and warehouse flooring, in recording studios, electrical work stations and computer server rooms.
In properly maintained playground applications, rubber mulch will reduce the occurrence of fall injuries. Please note that rubber mulch can only HELP REDUCE injuries from falls not prevent them.
Playgrounds can be a source of great happiness and joy for children. However, they can also be a source of injury. To minimize injuries from trips and falls, especially falls from equipment, playgrounds are being equipped with shock absorbing surfaces under and around equipment. While various materials provide shock protection, some of the most protective surfaces are being provided by scrap rubber derived materials. There have been questions or concerns raised about tyre derived materials being used for playground cover.
Two types of rubber playground surfacing material are on the market today: loose fill and solid mats. Loose fill generally consists of chips of rubber ranging from 12mm to 20m fibres in size. All non-rubber materials are removed, and the chips are washed before being placed on the play ground. Rubber, does not contain asbestos nor fiberglass as reinforcement fibers.
Install Depth: 100mm
Critical Fall Height: 2.7m
Other Advantages of Wire-Free Scrap Rubber Chips:
• Clean and non-toxic
• Does not produce toxic leachate
• Does not attract or maintain moisture
• Economical, lasts for years
• Reduces dust and mud around playing area
• Does not attract cats, dogs, rodents or insects
• Will not rot or decay
• Not susceptible to reduced performance due to rainy weather or freezing temperatures
What if a Child Swallows a Rubber Chip?
If a piece of rubber is swallowed, it should not cause any acute or chronic problems. Short-term issues, such as an upset stomach will be a function of the amount of rubber swallowed. As to the fate of the rubber chips swallowed, they are eventually evacuated from the body, just like any other non-digestible material.
Masterfibre Rubber Surfacing Maintenance Programme
Masterfibre’s rubber surfacing is a relatively maintenance free application. Regular cleaning is recommended though not required. In order to preserve the aesthetics of the surface, a regular maintenance schedule should be adopted. High traffic areas may require more frequent attention. The required frequency of such maintenance will vary according to the amount of traffic and the locality of the surface.
Masterfibre rubber surfaces will endure water pressure cleaners of up to 3000 psi. However, if high-pressure cleaners are the regular method of maintenance, we do not recommend that the machine be rated higher than 2000 psi. Blower/Vacuum cleaners are often a good first option when attempting to clean the surface. This will show any indications of stains that need to be attended to separately. Industrial cleaners and solvents should not be used, as they will react with the resin and rubber, causing the matting to expand and or weaken. Domestic detergents and cleaners can be used in order to lift stubborn stains and marks. Heavy chemical spills may require the removal and replacement of the affected surface. Paint stains will need to be washed off before drying. As a porous product, dried paint stains will become hard to remove. The use of any metal apparatus and or furniture should also be avoided, or the appropriate measures taken to ensure that rust marks are not allowed to develop. Tables, chairs, a-frames etc. should have legs rust proofed and rubber capped to stop any such marking of the surface. Wooden furniture and apparatus should be properly bled to avoid timber and tannin staining of the surface underneath.
Should the surface tear or split, the area should be covered and if possible, remain unused until Masterfibre can determine both the reason for the repair and the best method to fix it. Any such situation should be referred to our office as soon as possible. Do not use any sharp-footed furniture or apparatus on the surface, as it will slice the surface. Cap all furniture feet. Avoid dragging such furniture over the surface as well. If you have any inquiries as to further maintenance, options please contact our office.
Our Warranty Policy
All materials to be supplied for use in the subject work will be:
MasterFibre warrants that the work will be carried out in an appropriate and skillful manner and with reasonable care.
PLANS AND SPECIFICATIONS
MasterFibre warrants that the work will be carried out in accordance with the plans and specifications.
MasterFibre warrants that the works will be carried out with reasonable diligence CALCULATIONS OF PROVISIONS
MasterFibre warrants that the sum has been calculated with reasonable care and skill, having regard to all the information supplied.
This warranty applies if MasterFibre has supplied the goods. The warranty does not apply where:
This warranty applies if the plans and specifications are compliance with the Standards for Critical Fall Height.
This warranty only applies if the actual contracted site complies with the plans, areas stated, and that no other construction or works effects the stated completion date or period.
Standard terms and conditions of sale
1. All payment must reach the company within 30 days after date of Statement.
2. All goods are sold at prices ruling on date of despatch.
3.Interest will be charged at the rate of 2,% above First National Banks Prime Rate per annum, on the overdue amount from due date of payment.
4.In the event of payment which may be due to the Company not being made timeously, all outstanding amount shall become due and payable immediately.
5.Any dispute between the Applicant and Company arising from any legal relationship which, after acceptance of this credit application, may come into existence between them, shall be resolved by mediation in terms of the Short Process Court and Mediation in Certain Civil Cases Act (No 103 of 1991), provided that when the dispute arises, a Mediator and Short Process Court have been appointed and established for the relevant are or district. If this has not been done, the applicant consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court for the adjudication of any such dispute, but this does not preclude the Company at its choice from instituting in the High Court.
6.The applicant chooses domicilium citandi et executandi at its main place of business or its registered office address in the application.
7. The company shall in no way whatsoever be responsible for any consequential loss which may be incurred as a result of delays in the execution of any orders.
8. Goods may only be returned with the written consent of the Company.
9. Complaints in connection with goods must be lodged within 7 days from receipt thereof otherwise they will not be considered.
10. No alleged complaint or dispute shall entitle the applicant to withhold any payment due whatsoever.
11. A certificate by a member or director of the Company shall constitute prima facie proof of the amount owing by the applicant at any given time, and shall be sufficient proof for obtaining provisional sentence.
12. No representative or agent is authorised to vary these conditions of sale, whether given verbally or in writing.
13. The expression “the Company” in these conditions refers to ALSTEDO CC t/a MASTERFIBRE, Reg. No. 2007 / 048022 / 23.
14. Each sale shall be deemed to be cash, notwithstanding the granting of credit and the delivery of goods, ownership in goods sold shall not pass to the purchaser but shall remain vested in the Company until the purchase price has been paid in full.
15. The installation or fitting of any goods shall not constitute an act of affixing same to any immovable property.
16. The applicant shall be liable to compensate the Company for all legal costs incurred as a result of any default by the applicant in respect of these conditions of sale, on the scale as between attorney and own client.
17. Should the applicant’s estate be sequestrated of liquidated while he is still indebted to the Company, the Company shall be entitled to cancel the relevant agreement with the applicant and to repossess the goods sold in settlement of the balance outstanding.
|Copyright MasterFibre | All rights reserved 2009|